Our wide-ranging curriculum covers North American, European, African, Asian, Latin American, and Middle Eastern history.
History students from Furman University not only learn about history—the critical study of the past—but in the process, they learn how to read critically, analyze thoroughly, synthesize concisely, and write effectively. We teach communication and problem-solving skills that are applicable across all disciplines and professions.
Our history graduates are broadly-educated and well-rounded, making them highly desirable employees in a wide range of professions. We teach our history majors how to solve complex problems, connect ideas across disciplines, and think in a global context.
Our majors go on to successful careers in business, education, government, journalism, and law and have been accepted to some of the top graduate and professional schools in the nation. Recent alumni are enjoying careers in the following fields:
- Legal professions
- Business and financial operations
- Education Community and social service
- Military and protective service
- Healthcare Media and communications
- Design and engineering
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- European History - Exam Equivalency
- Ancient Europe and the Mediterranean
- Medieval Europe
- Early Modern Europe
- Modern Europe
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 1586 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Choose an application plan
- All students may complete and submit the Common Application online. There is a $50 application fee
- Submit your school report
- Submit your high school transcript - A strong college preparatory course of study is essential. At minimum, it must include four years of English, algebra I and II, geometry, three years of social studies, at least three years of natural sciences, and two years of the same foreign language
- Participate in an Optional Interview
- Submit standardized test scores (optional) - The Admission Committee believes that your potential for success cannot be determined solely by standardized test scores
- Schedule an interview if you are home-schooled (only for national students)
International50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50464 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50464 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.