Our curriculum centers on three guiding questions:
- What are the history and processes of our planet?
- How are humans transforming our planet?
- How can all of humanity live well within the means of one planet?
The Earth and Environmental Sciences programs at Furman University focus on analyzing and understanding the human-planetary relationship, constantly evolving real world sustainability challenges, and searching for innovative solutions that will positively impact the environment and society. Our curriculum can be tailored to your interests and career goals and provides excellent preparation for graduate school and a wide variety of professional careers. Small classes, with fewer than 15 students, result in individualized attention in an engaged learning environment.
Furman’s location at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and proximity to Greenville provide easy access to a geologically, ecologically, and socially diverse region with ample opportunity for integrating field experiences into your education. Our philosophy of “teaching through research” provides every student the opportunity to conduct collaborative field research with our faculty.
Our flexible curriculum supports a tremendous range of graduate programs and career opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Earth and the Silver Screen
- Environmental Science
- Natural Hazards and Natural Disasters
- Earth Systems
- Mineralogy and Petrology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 332 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- Choose an application plan
- All students may complete and submit the Common Application online. There is a $50 application fee
- Submit your school report
- Submit your high school transcript - A strong college preparatory course of study is essential. At minimum, it must include four years of English, algebra I and II, geometry, three years of social studies, at least three years of natural sciences, and two years of the same foreign language
- Participate in an Optional Interview
- Submit standardized test scores (optional) - The Admission Committee believes that your potential for success cannot be determined solely by standardized test scores
- Schedule an interview if you are home-schooled (only for national students)
International50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50464 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 50464 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.