Microbiology majors at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences often struggle after graduation because they lack the specialized knowledge that pharmaceutical and biomedical employers covet, and their broad-based education makes it difficult to distinguish themselves among other graduate school applicants. That is not the case with the Microbiology program at ACPHS - one of just two such programs in New York State. Our program is focused on the micro-organisms (e.g., bacteria, fungi, viruses) that cause disease in humans.
Through its research emphasis and specialized tracks of study, you will observe micro-organisms, study their behaviors, track their spread, and learn what can be done to minimize the risks they pose to humans. Those interested in gaining additional research experience should consider our dual degree program leading to a B.S. in Microbiology and an M.S. in Molecular Biosciences.Whichever path you choose, you will graduate with a differentiated degree that prepares you equally well to immediately seek employment or continue your education in a graduate or professional school.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Molecular Biology
- Microbial Genetics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Bioinformatics Biochemistry View 423 other Bachelors in Microbiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official high school transcript(s) from all secondary schools attended, including most recent grades.
- Official transcripts from any colleges or universities attended.
- Official reports of standardized test scores, either Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Testing Program Examination (ACT).
- Official reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), if the applicant has studied for fewer than 4 years where English is the language of instruction. A minimum score of 84 on the TOEFL or a minimum of 6.5 on the IELTS must be achieved to be considered for admission.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a school official such as a counselor or a teacher is required. An additional recommendation from a science or math teacher or from an individual that knows the candidate well is preferred.
International36120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36120 USD per year during 48 months.
National36120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36120 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.