What you'll learn
Sociology is the social science field that is concerned with the study of the human condition: social existence, social behavior, social issues and problems, and how societies function and change. Criminology is the social science field that is concerned with the study and analysis of crime: the definition of crime, the causes of crime and criminal behavior. Anchored in the field of sociology, students complete course work in both criminology and sociology.
Grounded in the scientific study of society and crime, students explore:
- the social, cultural, gender, ethnic and racial aspects of diversity;
- dimensions of analytical and critical thinking;
- ethical approaches to knowledge formation, research, and professional pursuits;
- theoretical, methodological, and statistical literacy; and
- the expression of knowledge through oral and written communication.
The curriculum in the Sociology and Criminology program of Capital University provides students with essential foundations to engage in a range of careers and graduate study. The program allows students to pursue additional majors and minors in related fields such as: psychology, cultural studies, environmental studies, international studies, political science, and computational science. Sociology and criminology students, who seek to advance beyond the baccalaureate degree, continue on to graduate study in sociology, criminology, law, education, civil service,and the private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Science Statistics
- Social Science Research Methods
- Sociology of Sex and Gender
- Social Deviance/Social Control
- Social Problems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSociology Criminology View 478 other Masters in Criminology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit online application.
- Submit all academic transcripts, certificates, diplomas (including secondary and post-secondary).
- Submit Admission Test Scores: Students must have a TOEFL score of at least 61 iBT or an IELTS score of 6. To be considered for a higher scholarship award, ACT or SAT is recommended.
- Submit a copy of your passport identification page
International37978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37978 USD per year during 48 months.
National37978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37978 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.