The Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Honours) program from University of Ontario Institute of Technology combines the study of drug discovery and development, pharmacology, analytical techniques, and drug chemistry. The chemical design process and evaluation of potential future medications will be a prime focus of your studies. You will apply knowledge gained from course material, hands-on lab experiences and faculty research to the pharmaceutical industry.Science and Management
If you are interested in managerial and leadership roles, consider applying for the five-year Bachelor of Science and Management (Honours) program in your upper years of study. Graduates gain a solid foundation in the key functional areas of business and management, including finance, accounting, operations, project management and marketing.
There is a wealth of opportunities for science graduates in industry, government, and in areas of applied science. The combination of a science degree and business and management education will give an added advantage to graduates in establishing careers within these practical fields.
Pursue career and advanced education opportunities in a variety of areas including:
- Drug Discovery
- Government or private research laboratories
- Pharmaceutical monitoring and regulation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Topics in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Bio-Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Introductory Medicinal Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Discovery
- Principles of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy View 176 other Bachelors in Chemistry in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma including English SL or HL. Prerequisite courses can be presented at the Standard or Higher Level with no score lower than 4.
- A minimum overall score of 24 is require for admission consideration; actual admitting scores vary from program to program.
- For Engineering and Science degrees, applicants must present Math SL or HL and/or Further Math HL.
- Final IB results must be sent to the university electronically by the International Baccalaureate office.
- If you are not completing the full IB Diploma, individual IB courses may be considered for admission. Official transcripts and proof of high school graduation must be submitted directly from your institution.
International21935 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21935 CAD per year during 48 months.
National5982 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5982 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.