You will learn about the current operational fleet of reactors, and apply your growing knowledge to the future generations of reactors (e.g. supercritical‑water reactors, fast reactors and fusion reactors).
This Nuclear Engineering (Honours) program from University of Ontario Institute of Technology is fully accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB).
Our programs are designed in consultation with key industry representatives, and will provide you with the necessary theoretical and applied skills to meet employers' needs.Experiential Learning
We offer a wide range of optional internship and co-op opportunities to help you gain valuable, relevant work experience to promote networking and lifelong career success.Engineering and Management
There is a need for engineers with management skills. Complement the technical studies of your Engineering program with business and management courses by pursuing the five-year Bachelor of Engineering and Management (Honours) program.
- Nuclear engineer
- Fuel manufacturing and spent fuel management
- Non-power applications of nuclear technology
- Nuclear power plant design and operation
This program is fully accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Nuclear Fuel Cycles
- Nuclear Physics
- Nuclear Plant Design and Simulation
- Nuclear Reactor Design
- Radioactive Waste Management Design
- Radiation Protection
- Reactor Control
- Thermodynamic Cycles
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 174 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma including English SL or HL. Prerequisite courses can be presented at the Standard or Higher Level with no score lower than 4.
- A minimum overall score of 24 is require for admission consideration; actual admitting scores vary from program to program.
- For Engineering and Science degrees, applicants must present Math SL or HL and/or Further Math HL.
- Final IB results must be sent to the university electronically by the International Baccalaureate office.
- If you are not completing the full IB Diploma, individual IB courses may be considered for admission. Official transcripts and proof of high school graduation must be submitted directly from your institution.
International28608 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28608 CAD per year during 48 months.
National9390 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9390 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.