All students in the Mechatronics Engineering (Honours) program at University of Ontario Institute of Technology begin with a common foundation year, regardless of program of study. During the foundation year, you will learn about the various Engineering programs available.
Optional internship and co-op placements provide you with the opportunity to gain meaningful hands-on experience.
Engineering and Management
There is a need for engineers with management skills. Complement the technical studies of your Engineering program with business and management courses by pursuing the five-year Bachelor of Engineering and Management (Honours) program.
Women in Engineering
A multi-year support program to help female Engineering students explore opportunities and careers, gain experience in the workforce, make a successful transition to a career in engineering and find lifelong success in a professional engineering career.
Learning EnvironmentStudents have access to new, modern buildings, libraries and innovative labs, including:
- ACE Climatic Wind Tunnel
- Clean Energy Research Laboratory (CERL)
- Energy Systems and Nuclear Science Research Centre (ERC)
- Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Engineering Building
- Partners for the Advancement of Collaborative Engineering Education (PACE) laboratories
- Robotics and Automation Lab
- automation engineer
- controls engineer
- electro-mechanical systems engineer
- real-time systems engineer
- robotics engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Actuators and Power Electronics
- Concurrent Engineering and Design
- Industrial Automation
- Introduction to Real-Time Embedded Systems
- Mechatronics Design
- Microprocessors and Digital Systems
- Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- Robotics and Automation
- Sensors and Instrumentation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechatronics View 14 other Bachelors in Mechatronics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma including English SL or HL. Prerequisite courses can be presented at the Standard or Higher Level with no score lower than 4.
- A minimum overall score of 24 is require for admission consideration; actual admitting scores vary from program to program.
- For Engineering and Science degrees, applicants must present Math SL or HL and/or Further Math HL.
- Final IB results must be sent to the university electronically by the International Baccalaureate office.
- If you are not completing the full IB Diploma, individual IB courses may be considered for admission. Official transcripts and proof of high school graduation must be submitted directly from your institution.
International28608 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28608 CAD per year during 48 months.
National9390 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9390 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.