Environmental toxicology is an interdisciplinary applied field involving health, agriculture, urban development and industry. It combines a strong base in biology and chemistry, with a focus on physiology, biochemistry, environmental science and environmental chemistry.
This specialization in the Biological Science (Honours) program from University of Ontario Institute of Technology, consists of an integrated and focused concentration on biology and chemistry, with additional courses in neuroscience and human anatomy. You will gain a detailed understanding of the structure and functioning of the human body, how the brain and nervous systems work, and what happened when the brain degenerates and becomes damaged or disorganized.
Biotechnology is a rapidly growing area with many applicants in health, agriculture, and industry. This specialization combines a primary emphasis on biology and chemistry with molecular and cell biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, and physiology. Students in this specialization also benefit from enhanced laboratory experience.
Science and Management
If you are interested in managerial and leadership roles, consider applying for the five-year Bachelor of Science and Management (Honours) program in your upper years of study. Graduates gain a solid foundation in the key functional areas of business and management, including finance, accounting, operations, project management, and marketing.
There is a wealth of opportunities for science graduates in industry, government, and in areas of applied science. The combination of a science degree and business and management education will give an added advantage to graduates in establishing careers within these practical fields.
Pursue career and advanced education opportunities in a variety of areas including:
- Environmental sector
- Food industry
- Biotechnology sector
- Government or private research laboratory
- Pharmaceutical sector
- Pharmacy (after further study)
- Medicine (after further study)
- Secondary school teaching (through Concurrent Education)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Infection and Immunity
- Organic Chemistry
- Principles of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry View 215 other Bachelors in Biology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma including English SL or HL. Prerequisite courses can be presented at the Standard or Higher Level with no score lower than 4.
- A minimum overall score of 24 is require for admission consideration; actual admitting scores vary from program to program.
- For Engineering and Science degrees, applicants must present Math SL or HL and/or Further Math HL.
- Final IB results must be sent to the university electronically by the International Baccalaureate office.
- If you are not completing the full IB Diploma, individual IB courses may be considered for admission. Official transcripts and proof of high school graduation must be submitted directly from your institution.
International21935 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21935 CAD per year during 48 months.
National5982 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5982 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.