The Elementary - Special Education General Program at Mercer University is designed for future elementary school teachers who do not hold a bachelor’s degree. Aspiring teachers who currently hold a bachelor’s degree in a field other than education can explore Mercer’s Master of Arts in Teaching in Elementary Education.
With a major in Elementary/Special Education, students learn how to understand young children from a holistic perspective and create classroom curriculum to support children’s cognitive, emotional, social, and physical development. Through field experiences, students are immersed in diverse classroom settings to observe current teachers, participate in classroom activities, and gain experience in teaching elementary-aged children.
- Preparing the Elementary Environment
- Instructional Technologies for Teaching and Learning
- Construction of Scientific and Mathematical Thinking
- Foundations of Education Health, Nutrition, and Safety
- Adolescent Health and Development
- Psychology and Development of the Learner
- Fundamentals of Special Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education Primary Education View 449 other Bachelors in Special Education in United States
- Completed application for admission
- $25 non-refundable application fee ($50 for international applicants)
- High school or GED transcript (if applicable)
- Official college transcripts of all college-level work from all previously attended institutions
International38746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38746 USD per year during 48 months.
National38746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38746 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Macon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.