The program in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics is designed with several goals in mind:
- to teach the language of the mathematical sciences
- to provide a command of powerful mathematical tools
- to develop problem-solving skills
- to foster an ability to ask questions and to make independent discoveries
- to encourage the experience of mathematics as a distinctively rigorous way of knowing
In addition, especially through the statistics offering, the rich interplay between an applied context and mathematical models in working with numerical data is an area of particular emphasis.
The Bachelor in Statistics at Mount Holyoke College requires a minimum of 36 credits, of which 20 must be at the 300 level. Courses are chosen in consultation with one of the statistics advisors and may include calculus, linear algebra, data analysis, applied regression methods, linear statistical models, probability, and mathematical statistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Calculus I,II,III
- Linear Algebra
- Intermediate Statistics
- Applied Regression Methods
- Mathematical Statistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 391 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.