Explore the rich and extremely diverse cultures of Asia, home to some 60 percent of humanity.
One of four interdisciplinary majors offered within the Asian Studies Program, the Asian studies (transregional) major allows students to study the diversity of Asia in a comparative framework. Complementing course work at Mount Holyoke are extracurricular activities and study abroad programs that broaden and deepen students’ understanding of Asia.South Asian Studies major offered by Mount Holyoke College graduate to pursue graduate study and careers in fields as varied as:
- NGOs, journalism
- the arts
- government service
- Develop knowledge of the history of premodern and modern South Asia.
- Develop knowledge of the arts, literature, religions, and philosophies of South Asia.
- Develop knowledge of the geography, politics, economics, and societies of South Asia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Arts of India
- Women and Buddhism
- Topics in Asian Studies: 'Modern Indian and South Asian Writers'
- Muslim Politics in South Asia
History of Modern South Asia, 1700 to the Present
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 1585 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.