Sociology is the systematic study of social life and social transformation.
The department at Mount Holyoke offers fundamental classes in social theory and research methods as well as classes on specific topics including criminology, education, gender, family, race and ethnicity, social inequality, media, art and culture.
The Bachelor in Sociology at Mount Holyoke College requires courses in research methods and sociological theory.
The faculty also offers classes in:
- collective behavior and social movements
- the sociology of gender
- social inequality
- political sociology
- the sociology of media.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Introduction to Sociology
- Development of Social Thought
- Survey Research and Data Analysis
- Topics in Contemporary Social Thought
- Contemporary Social Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 1355 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.