One of four interdisciplinary majors offered within the Asian Studies Program is the Bachelor in Middle Eastern Studies from Mount Holyoke College.
Language study is the core component of the major. We offer four levels of instruction in Chinese, three in Japanese, up to three in Arabic, up to two in Korean, and a basic course in Sanskrit. Our students are expected to incorporate the humanities and the social sciences fully into their studies with classes at Mount Holyoke and the other colleges in the Five College Consortium.
On campus, our students experience regional culture at many levels, including:
- language tables and clubs
- guest lectures
- performing and visual arts
- festivals and regional cuisine.
These activities are often initiated by and benefit greatly from the diverse student population of Mount Holyoke.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Introduction to Islam
- Hinduism: An Introduction
- Introduction to the Qur’an
- Issues in Islamic History: ‘Classical Islamic Civilization’
- Women and Gender in Islam
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 1858 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.