Art History is the historical study of objects and images: painting, sculpture, architecture, film, furniture, ceramics, installations, and many other things. Bachelor in Art History at Mount Holyoke College courses span the globe, from ancient Rome, Islamic cultures, medieval Paris and Renaissance Italy, to Indian cinema, American painting, contemporary photography and modern architecture.
The objectives of our curriculum are:
- to learn the verbal language necessary to analyze and interpret objects,
- and the built environment;
- to understand works of art and architecture in their historical and cultural settings;
- to develop a critical voice that extends to all aspects of the visual world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Image and Environment
- Arts of Asia
- Talking Pictures: An Introduction to Film
- From Alexander to Cleopatra: The Hellenistic World
- Empire: The Art and Archaeology of the Roman Provinces
- Age of the Cathedrals: 'Art in Europe, 1100-1500'
- Italian Renaissance Art
- Northern Renaissance Art
- Renaissance and Baroque Architecture in Italy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Art History View 1585 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.