Anthropology at Mount Holyoke College is devoted to the study of human cultural diversity through time and around the world. The Bachelor in Anthropology from Mount Holyoke College approach is crosscultural, the perspective non-ethnocentric. The analytic tools will help students make sense of the human condition no matter how familiar or foreign it may seem. Our courses are designed to expose students to a variety of cultures and introduce them to the different topics, theories, and methods of the discipline of anthropology.
The Department of Anthropology at Mount Holyoke invites students to explore cultures and connections. Faculty members are committed to helping students better understand the world even as global processes grow increasingly complicated and new forms of cultural identity evolve.Majors learn how to use theories and methodologies to challenge assumptions and test hypotheses. Along with developing advanced research skills, students have opportunities for fieldwork, internships, and independent studies.
Anthropology provides a solid base for a range of careers, including:
- international affairs
- museum work
- public administration
- public health
- rural and urban planning
- social work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- Development of Anthropological Thought
- Doing Ethnography: Research Methods in Anthropology
- Issues in Contemporary Anthropological Theory
- Issues in Anthropology
- Special Topics in Anthropology: 'Feminist Health Politics'
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology History View 612 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.