At Chapman University, we have two areas of study in the BA program track to allow the student to personalize his or her theatre education.
- The BA Theatre, Technology Area of Study is for students interested in technology and design, and provides specialized training in skills such as drafting, stagecraft, design and advanced technology courses. The Technology emphasis provides skills and hands-on experiences to students that will serve them well in a career behind the scenes in theatre and media, or as preparation for more advanced training in technology and design in graduate programs.
- The BA Theatre, Theatre Studies Area of Study is designed for those students who are not exclusively interested in acting, but wish to explore theatre opportunities in several areas such as producing, stage management, dramaturgy and other theatre topics. The degree can be personalized to the interests of the student by choices in electives, independent studies and internships. Graduates of the BA program are well prepared for further study in graduate school or able to pursue work professionally in their area of interest.
Program Learning OutcomesStudents with a BA in Theatre will be able to:
- Demonstrate competent skills in acting and theatre technology to support stage production.
- Synthesize their analysis and/or research of theatrical genres in well-written and persuasive documents.
- Demonstrate competent directing skills in a stage production.
- Demonstrate accountability, collaboration and professionalism in various theatrical endeavors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Theatre Technology
- Theatre Practicum
- Creating Theatre: From Page to Stage–The Art of Collaboration
- Script Analysis
- Theatre History I–Antiquity to the Eighteenth Century
- Theatre History II–Eighteenth to Twentieth Centuries
- Directing for the Theatre I
- Dramatic Theory and Criticism
- Senior Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1235 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit The Common App and Chapman University Questions.
- Submit a Teacher Evaluation through via the Common App
- Submit official transcripts
- Submit the School Report form
- Pay the application fee or submit a Fee Waiver Request
- All international applicants must submit an International Supplement Form. This form is available after submitting your application.
International56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.