- The program also owns an extensive collection of ethnographic artifacts from all over the world (formerly of the Sunrise Museum in Charleston, WV). We are part of the work of the Oral History of Appalachia Collection, a vast oral history archive comprised of thousands of interviews conducted in Appalachia over the last 40 years. No other anthropology program in West Virginia has such resources, available for research to both students and faculty, in and out of state.
- Though relatively easy to define, anthropology can be tough to describe. Its subject matter is both extraordinary (mortuary practices of the Toraja) and ordinary (anatomy of the human foot). Our focus can be sweeping (the development of language) and minute (use-wear patterns on a prehistoric obsidian tool). As an anthropologist, you may study ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics, intravenous drug use in urban Appalachia or corporate culture in a U.S. car manufacturer.
- The Anthropology program at Marshall University seeks to ensure that each student develops a solid foundation in the basic principles, theories and techniques of analysis within the discipline. The curriculum ensures that students are introduced to all four disciplinary subfields: social-cultural anthropology, physical-biological anthropology, archaeology, and linguistics. Since students majoring in anthropology vary in their interests and career goals, the curriculum allows for flexibility in developing individual courses of study, including opportunities for involvement in faculty research through course offerings and independent study.
- Cultural Anthropology
- Physical Anthropology
- Ethnographic Methods
- Linguistic Anthropology
- Theory in Ethnology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National students: applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of a term.
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology Linguistics View 761 other Bachelors in Anthropology in United States
- Completed application for admission.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40.
- An official, final transcript, including graduation date, sent directly from the student’s high school to the Marshall University Admissions Office.
- Official college transcript
- American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores
- A valid immunization record
- Equivalent of U.S. high school diploma
- International GPA requirements are equivalent to domestic GPA requirements and vary by program
- ACT/SAT required for some programs and merit-based scholarships
- Proof of English Proficiency
International19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4276 USD per semester during 48 months.
Metro Residents - $7,318
Living costs for Huntington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.