This Liberal Studies major at University of San Diego offers instruction in the content and pedagogy that is required to teach in an elementary classroom.
With careful planning, the Liberal Studies major allows you to graduate in nine semesters, which includes completion of student teaching and one of the following teaching credentials: Multiple Subjects, Education Specialist (Mild/Moderate).
The Liberal Studies major offers:
- Opportunities to work with elementary school children
- Special content courses designed for future teachers
- Dedicated instructors from both the College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Leadership and Education Sciences
- Comprehensive advising throughout enrollment in the College of Arts and Sciences from Program Director Margaret Daley, PhD
- An assigned advisor in the School of Leadership and Education Sciences to assist with credential program requirements
- The Student Leadership Board, a group that works to serve the intellectual, ethnic, cultural, physical and social needs of the Liberal Studies majors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Liberal Studies
- Senior Seminar in Liberal Studies
- Composition and Literature
- Advanced Composition
- College Algebra
- Mathematical Concepts for Elementary Teachers
- Introduction to Logic
- Logic for Mathematics and Computer Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiberal Arts View 1008 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Common Application, including USD Member Questions
- Transcripts must be translated into English, if necessary. This includes annual grades of each high school year.
- At least one academic letter of recommendation
- Application Fee of $55.00
International52120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52120 USD per year during 48 months.
National52120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52120 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.