To qualify for Theater and Performance Studies (Honors) at Stanford University, students must meet the following requirements in addition to the other requirements of the TAPS major:
- Applying to the honors program involves a written application, including a project proposal and transcript, which establishes the student's work to date in the department and outlines the area of research that the student wishes to pursue. Students must have at least an overall University GPA of 3.3 and a 3.5 GPA in courses counting towards the major.
- Students must have completed a significant portion of their major coursework before enrolling in honors. It is recommended that students have taken courses that have prepared them for advanced study in the proposed area of research.
- Students enroll in TAPS 202 Honors Thesis, which is worth four units total. Students need to enroll in this course each quarter during the senior year (1 unit in Autumn; 1 unit in Winter; 2 units in Spring). It is graded S/NC (grade determined by the student’s adviser).
- The honors thesis (described below) is due on May 15th in the Spring quarter and is double-marked by the primary adviser and one other Stanford faculty member.
- Entry into the honors program does not guarantee an honors degree. The final decision to confer an honors degree is made by the student's thesis adviser upon evaluating the quality of the thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Theater and Performance Studies
Dramatic Tensions: Theater and the Marketplace
Art in the Metropolis
To Die For: Antigone and Political Dissent
Acting for Activists
Prisons and Performance
The Idea of Virtual Reality
- StoryCraft: On Relationships
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1268 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Coalition Application or Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- ACT or SAT (Writing/Essay not required) (refer to testing for score reporting policies)
- School Report and counselor letter of recommendation
- Official transcript(s)
- Letters of recommendation from two teachers
- Midyear transcript (by February 15)
- Standardized testing is one of the application requirements that can highlight academic preparedness. There are no minimum test scores required to be admitted to Stanford, and there is no score that guarantees admission. At Stanford, we review applications holistically, meaning every component of the application is valuable to us as we get to know each student.
International36982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18491 USD per semester during 48 months.
National36982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18491 USD per semester during 48 months.
Regular quarterly tuition.
Living costs for Stanford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.