The individual holding this degree will have advanced knowledge in his or her field of engineering interest and in addition will have a university educational background involving mathematics, the physical sciences, and the humanities and social sciences. Completion of this curriculum will enable the graduate to enter employment in positions involving computer hardware design and applications, computer software design and development, microcomputer based applications, and computer networking. The program also leads to the preparation for graduate work in computer engineering, computer science or electrical engineering.
Program Educational Objectives
The students in the Computer Engineering program of the University of Nebraska Omaha receive a strong foundation in engineering science and design that not only enables them to pursue productive careers in the computer engineering field but that can be used as the foundation for careers in other areas, such as business, management, and medicine. Typical industries in which Computer Engineering graduates are employed include microprocessor/embedded system design, digital design, hardware/software integration, and computer architecture and parallel processing.The Computer Engineering program prepares graduates for their professional careers with the objective that within five years after graduation they will be:
- Employed in business, academia, or government.
- Successful engineers who have established productive careers in their field and have contributed to improve and provide innovative and effective solutions in computer engineering or related fields.
- Demonstrating technical and decision-making processes and the human interactions necessary to produce viable, responsible, and sustainable technological solutions.
- Engaging in lifelong learning, which may include postgraduate education, to successfully adapt to technological, industry specific, and cultural changes and to foster adept functioning in society.
- Performing engineering practice in a context that reflects awareness of the ethics of their profession and of the impacts of their work on the profession and society at large.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Fundamentals
- Computer Science
- Microprocessor Applications
- Electronics and Circuits
- Switching Circuits Theory
- Digital Design and Interfacing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences View 1724 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United States
- Submit an online application.
- A 3.0 or higher GPA
- Request official ACT or SAT scores be sent to UNO if you have less than 24 credits.
- Pay the $45 non-refundable application fee by credit card when completing the application for admission.
- Grade sheets and transcripts from each institution attended.
- Proof of English proficiency. Special Note: If you are unable to provide proof of English proficiency please apply to our Intensive Language (ILUNO) program.
- Copy of Passport.
- UNO Financial Affidavit.
- Bank statements showing adequate funding for one academic year.
International21718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21718 USD per year during 48 months.
National21718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21718 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State8136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8136 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.