The integration of theory and practice is a guiding principle in the formulation of the curriculum, reflecting a liberal arts philosophy in which theory and practice are mutually informing.
- Students pursuing a Cinema and Media Studies major offered by Carleton College work with faculty advisers to devise an optimum program of study integrating creative and collaborative thinking, critical analysis, primary research and media production. State-of-the-art production studios and labs provide ready access to the same production tools used by professionals, including DSL cameras and Adobe Premiere.
- The CAMS Production Office is an active center for majors, where equipment is accessed and production crews are recruited. Students regularly present their films to audiences on the big screen in the 250-seat cinema in the Weitz Center for Creativity, where the CAMS department is housed.
- Formal study in CAMS is supplemented by a rich array of film, media and art activities and opportunities, including CAMS off-campus study programs exploring film and media culture and production in Europe, Asia, and Latin America, film screenings sponsored by the International Film Forum (IFF), Carleton Film Society, and the Student Union Movie Organization (SUMO), and a variety of festivals and exhibitions for showcasing student work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Looking at animals
- Digital foundations
- Film genres
- Rock 'n' roll in cinema
- Film history
- Contemporary spanish cinema
- Contemporary global cinemas
- Avant-garde film & video from dada to the beats
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History Media Studies & Mass Media View 978 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application: Common App, Coalition App or QuestBridge App (we have no preference)
- Transcript, should include: your classes and grades from the first three years of high school, your senior year schedule, grades from the first term of senior year (when available)
- High School Counselor Recommendation (also known as "School Report")
- Two academic teacher recommendations
- Test Scores (optional): SAT or ACT
- TOEFL, IELTS, or DuoLingo English Test for students whose primary language of instruction has not been English
- SAT Subject Tests are optional
- No application fee
International56678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56678 USD per year during 48 months.
National56678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56678 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Northfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.