The major is intended primarily to prepare students for pharmacy school (Pharm.D.). Students fulfilling their elective requirements with appropriate courses would be prepared for graduate school to obtain a Ph.D. in pharmacology, biochemistry or other areas of science. Degree recipients would also be prepared for most jobs in the biotechnology and chemical industries.
- Pharmacological Chemistry students at the University of California, San Diego are strongly encouraged to complete a full year of general chemistry and a full year of lower-division biology.
- As with some medical programs, some pharmacy programs may require a full year of these courses and may not accept tests such as the Advanced Placement exam to satisfy these requirements.
- General chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmacology seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Biochemistry View 2084 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Common Application, including USD Member Questions
- Official high school transcript
- Academic Letter of Recommendation
- Application fee of $55
International44487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44487 USD per year during 48 months.
National44487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44487 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14733 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14733 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.