The department’s innovative approach represents a commitment to transnational, relational, and intersectional methods for producing critical knowledge about power and inequality, including systems of knowledge that have emerged from racialized and indigenous communities in global contexts.
- The department’s areas of focus include aesthetics, performance, and cultural production; materialist approaches to labor, value, and consumption; science and technology; and (settler) colonialism, migration, and movement.
- With outstanding teachers and excellently trained teaching assistants, undergraduates in the Department of Ethnic Studies at the University of California, San Diego have a valuable opportunity to engage in a lively and supportive academic environment.
- Land and Labor
- Circulations of Difference
- Making Culture
- Theoretical Approaches
- Interdisciplinary Methodologies
- Social Justice Praxis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies View 488 other Bachelors in Ethnic Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Common Application, including USD Member Questions
- Official high school transcript
- Academic Letter of Recommendation
- Application fee of $55
International44487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44487 USD per year during 48 months.
National44487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44487 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14733 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14733 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.