The Department of World Languages and Literatures offers undergraduate majors in Arabic, Chinese, French , German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish; minor programs in the above languages and Classical Studies, Italian, Persian and Turkish; and instruction in the above languages, as well as in American Sign Language, Danish, Ancient Greek, Modern Greek, Korean, Modern Hebrew, Latin, Norwegian, Persian, Portuguese, Swahili, and Swedish. Other languages may be offered from time to time.
Programs ranging from one term to a full academic year are available in several foreign counties, including China, Ecuador, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, Russia, and Spain. The Department of World Languages and Literatures and the University's Office of International Affairs: Education Abroad will counsel and assist students in integrating their overseas experience with their courses of academic study."
Your Potential To Be Exponential
At Portland State University , you feel like you’re part of a movement. The kind that keeps your classmates rooting for you and your professors pulling for you. You’ll form bonds with faculty and friends in small classes that dive deep into the issues that matter most to you. We are proud to be one of the nation's most transformative universities. Because every time your success inspires others, you change the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Intro to French Lit: Medieval & Renaissance
- Intro to French Lit: 17th — 18th Centuries
- Intro to French Lit: 19th — 20th Centurie
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 871 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29837 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National29837 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29837 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State10081 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10081 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.