At Purdue University Fort Wayne, upon completion of the Music Education course work and student teaching, students are prepared to apply for state license in PK-12 Choral/General Music or PK-12 Instrumental/General Music.
The student learning outcomes for the degree are as follows:
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of music theory sufficient to analyze musical forms, structures, and styles; to create within basic musical structures; and to relate theoretical concepts to sound.
- Students will demonstrate performance ability as ensemble members, as conductors, and as soloists on both a primary instrument and a secondary instrument.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the history and literature of western and non-western music, with an understanding of the social, political and cultural impacts which shaped music history.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in utilizing appropriate technology to notate and create music, to investigate and report scholarly research, and to support the specific demands of their professional degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Skills for Musicians
- Music Theory
- Sightsinging and Aural Perception
- Music Literature
- Music Theory
- Techniques for Conducting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music View 2283 other Bachelors in Music in United States
- Completed application and $30 application fee
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Proof of English proficiency (for students whose native language is not English; see below for proficiency options)
- TOEFL: 79
- IELTS: 6.5
- SAT Reading Test: 25
- ACT: 20
- A Level First Language English: C (or above)
- International Baccalaureate SL or HL English: 5 (or higher)
- PTE Academic: 58
- ELS: Level 112
- Students attending US high schools: English-proficiency testing may be waived if the last two years of high school English have been completed with grades of at least C (ESL will not qualify)
- College-level English from an accredited US institution with a grade of C or better
International21720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10860 USD per semester during 48 months.
National20960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10480 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4365 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Wayne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.