Why should a biologist know about physics and chemistry? Or physicists and chemists about biology? Just ask some of our faculty who are using x-ray synchrotron radiation science to study proteins, their molecular structures, and the drugs that interact with them. This research may lead to the development of more successful, potent drugs.
By studying Molecular Biochemistry and Biophysics program at Illinois Institute of Technology , you’ll discover the essential building blocks of life, how they fit together, how they work, and the physical methods for exploring these building blocks. With its quantitative emphasis and research focus, MBB is a great way to prepare for careers in medicine or medical research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Profession
- General Biology
- General Biology Laboratory
- Human Biology
- Human Biology Laboratory
- Microbiology Laboratory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 1273 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.