The major is extremely useful in today’s complex global environment, where problems in business administration and public policy require intricate mathematical analyses.
This interdisciplinary major draws from the strengths of various fields of study, allowing students to gain a wider range of expertise and experience from these two academic areas. The Mathematical Business program at Wake Forest University consists of approximately one-half business and one-half mathematics courses through which the students acquire both theoretical mathematics and its applications in business problem solving. In addition, there is a required seminar, jointly taught by business and mathematics professors.
The seminar offers a forum where students can explore, through studies of actual cases from the business world, how mathematical, statistical and computer techniques can be brought to bear on many business problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Prepares students for careers that require data analyticsbased, advanced quantitative approaches to problem solving.
- Equips students with the methodology skills at the intersection of business and statistics.
- This major is a STEM-designated (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) degree program for international student OPT application purposes.
- Offered jointly with the Department of Mathematics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Business Administration Applied Mathematics View 2077 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International student applicants are required to submit a $65 application fee.
- Certified transcripts are required from each secondary school, college or university attended. A record of at least four years of schooling is needed in order to evaluate the application.
- All international students whose first language is not English are required to submit either a TOEFL or an IELTS score. The official score reports should be sent directly to Wake Forest from the testing institutions.
- Wake Forest does not require applicants to submit an SAT or ACT score in the admissions application. If submitting scores, score reports must be sent directly from the testing organizations.
International59770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59770 USD per year during 48 months.
National59770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59770 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.