In addition, the rigorous interdisciplinary program prepares graduates for careers in biotechnology, biochemistry and patent law, and environmental science.
The objectives of the Biology program at the Illinois Institute of Technology are to give students strong training in the areas of modern cell biology, genetics, biochemistry, microbiology, and physiology, supported by a solid foundation in mathematics and the physical sciences. In addition, the Biology major is designed to give students broad opportunities to study advanced topics in biology, both in the classroom and by participating in undergraduate research projects.
Graduates are also prepared for immediate entry into positions in industrial, medical and other research laboratories and for graduate programs in biotechnology, cell biology, biochemistry, genetics, and molecular biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Profession
- General Biology
- General Biology Laboratory
- Human Biology
- Experimental Biology Laboratory
- Microbiology Laboratory
- Literature in Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 883 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.