Applied mathematicians work on a wide variety of topics such as how to construct methods for multicriteria decision making (requiring discrete mathematics and statistics), predicting how the financial markets will behave (requiring probability/statistics, analysis, optimization), and analyzing how liquid flows around solids (requiring expertise in computational methods and analysis).
Students with an applied mathematics background are prepared for careers in the insurance industry, electronics and computer manufacturers, logistics companies, pharmaceutical firms, and more.
Graduates of the Applied Mathematics program offered by the Illinois Institute of Technology work in financial and insurance companies as analysts, computer companies as programmers and hardware developers, and in many different fields as researchers, as well as academia. They have have gone to excellent graduate schools in mathematics (pure, applied, & financial), physics, design, accounting, and M.B.A. programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the profession
- Object oriented programming
- General physics
- Multivariate and vector calculus
- Elementary linear algebra
- Intro. to differential equations
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 974 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.