The Sociology Major from the University of OklahomaThe general sociology option gives students a broad education in the field of sociology, and students can select any type of upper-division sociology electives to complete the major.
By contrast, the criminology option focuses on criminology, a specialized area within sociology, so students on this track take upper-division electives that focus on the nature, extent, causes, and control of criminal behavior.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Social Problems
- The System of Criminal Justice
- Racial & Ethnic Minority Groups
- Population and Society
- Wealth, Power and Prestige
- Medical Sociology
- Sociology of Family
- Sociology of Gender
- Sociology of Africa
- Sociology of Religion
- Sports, Competition, & Society
- Inequality in a Global Perspective
- Individual and Society
- Work, School & Play
- Sociology of Aging
- Sociology of the Body
- World Religions & Society
- Internship in Sociology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 1428 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
- Submit either the OU Application, Common Application, or Coalition Application. This includes a $40, non-refundable application fee for domestic applicants.
- Official high school transcript that reflects at least six semesters of work completed and includes your GPA computed on an unweighted 4.0 scale and your class rank
- Official test scores to us through ACT and/or The College Board. Your test scores may also be included on your official high school transcript
- Letter of recommendation
- Official copies of any AP or CLEP test scores
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28500 USD per year during 48 months.
National27727 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27727 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12346 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12346 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.