Electrical engineers are involved in the analysis, design and production of electric power, radio, radar, television, computing, telecommunication, control and information systems.
These engineers find solutions to the challenging technical problems that arise in our rapidly changing society. They impact virtually every aspect of daily life, as evidenced by examples such as wireless communications, audio and video equipment, power distribution, computerized traffic control, noise pollution monitoring and abatement, and medical instrumentation.
The Electrical Engineering program offered by the Illinois Institute of Technology has a curriculum that puts emphasis on both theory and practical applications by providing a solid background in engineering science and mathematics, followed by a sequence of core courses in electrical engineering.
Design skills are fostered in the professional elective courses in the senior year, along with the project experience instilled by Interprofessional Projects (IPROs).
This program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET Inc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Profession
- Circuit Analysis
- Digital Systems
- Digital Computers and Computing
- Signals and Systems
- Engineering Electronics
- Electronic Circuits
- Fundamentals of Power Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 474 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.