The Chemical Engineering course at the Illinois Institute of Technology emphasizes coursework in equipment design, control-system design, fluid mechanics and heat-transfer operations, mass-transfer operations, and chemical reaction engineering.
The capstone design courses integrate these design concepts and practice process design and optimization.
Chemical engineering is concerned with the design, development and management of facilities that convert raw materials into useful products. The engineer must assume responsibility for the economical use of the raw materials, preservation of the environment, and profitability of the operation.
The chemical engineering program has been designed to provide both the engineering competence and the professional skills necessary to succeed in this endeavor. In order to achieve this objective, the curriculum incorporates coursework in both of these areas throughout the four-year duration of the program.
The chemical engineering curriculum emphasizes basic knowledge and applications of transport processes, thermodynamics and kinetics of processes, automatic control, and design, as well as fundamental sciences, mathematics and engineering sciences. Design experience is spread across the curriculum, beginning with the Introduction to the Profession courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fluid Mechanics,
- Heat and Mass-Transfer Operations,
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Process Control
- Transport Phenomena,
- Process Modeling and System Theory,
- Numerical and Data Analysis,
- Statistical Tools for Engineering
- Process Control
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 252 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United States
- Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.