Knowledge of aerodynamics, structures and materials, propulsion systems, and flight mechanics and controls are important to this field studied at the Aerospace Engineering program at the Illinois Institute of Technology.
Aerospace engineers are primarily employed in civil aeronautics, the defense industry and the space program. However, applications of aerospace technology are also found in related areas such as ground and undersea transportation systems, pollution control, wind power and the effects of wind on structures, and the development and use of advanced materials.
This program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET Inc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introduction to the Profession
- Principles of Chemistry
- Introduction to Mechanics
- Compressible Flow
- Aerodynamics of Aerospace Vehicles
- Aerospace Laboratory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 464 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.