The Portuguese programme is offered at Brigham Young University.
The field of teaching has always provided good employment opportunities . In addition, opportunities for Portuguese have been found in government service (translation, U.S. State Department, CIA, FBI, Border Patrol, Peace Corps, NSA, USIA), business, social work, airlines, banking, etc. Many majors go on to professional schools (law, medicine, dentistry, business, etc.), where a liberal arts background is advised. A strong minor or a second major in the employment area is strongly encouraged.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- First-Year Portuguese
- Intensive Portuguese Skills Development
- Reading, Grammar, and Culture
- Introduction to Portuguese and Brazilian Literature
- Survey of Portuguese Literature
- Survey of Brazilian Literature
- Portuguese Phonetics and Pronunciation
- Portuguese Civilization
For more information please visit the program website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 1950 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the application by the appropriate application deadlines.
- Please note that housing options are dependent upon what is available on any given room selection date.
- Students should apply for the semester or term for which they wish to attend. Requests to change beginning semesters may not be accommodated.
- The admission criteria are the same for all entry dates. One semester or term is not easier to get into over another.
- Applicants intending to serve a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ can view full information about deferring here.
- Applicants will need to submit a transcript for any concurrent college credit received.
- Any international work must be submitted through IERF or WES. See Evaluating International Work for more information. BYU will only accept official US-accredited transcripts without an evaluation.
International315 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 315 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National315 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 315 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.