The Equine Science program at North Dakota State University is designed to provide a strong overall background with supporting course work in the sciences, humanities and general education. The student will be prepared in equine production and management.
The choice of a minor in equine science offers the student diversity in his or her educational program while preparing the participant for recreational endeavors involving horsemanship.
Equine science students are qualified to become involved in many diverse occupations. These include such varied activities as training horses, managerial support, sales of pharmaceuticals and livestock products, and other agribusiness professions.
Graduates are likely to obtain employment at academic institutions, government stations, foreign assignments and private industry. Specific areas of employment are 4-H Extension opportunities, university and community college teaching, horse exhibitions and horse breeding operations. Animal feed sales, equine magazine publications and public relations for breeding operations provide many different avenues of opportunity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Animal Nutrition
- Animal and Equine Science
- Concepts of Biology
- Introduction to Equine Studies
- Concepts of Biology Lab
- College Algebra
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- College Composition
- Anatomy and Physiology of Domestic Animals
- Gen Ed Humanities & Fine Arts
- Gen Ed Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Gen Ed Cultural Diversity
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAnimal Sciences View 218 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
- To be considered for admission, all applicants should have an educational background in the core curriculum of laboratory science, mathematics, social science, and English.
- A secondary or high school grade point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale) or the equivalent in core subjects is recommended.
- Students who do not meet these minimum guidelines will still be considered for admission if there is evidence in the student’s academic record that demonstrates a high probability of success.
International14482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7241 USD per semester during 48 months.
National12412 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6206 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4137 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.