The Forestry degree at The University of Vermont provides an excellent preparation for a variety of professional forestry positions and related careers, and the Forestry faculty provide substantial assistance in creating such job placements.
Students completing the Forestry major from UVM should be ready to enter the forestry workforce, be able to analyze and understand forest management problems, and have mastered critical thinking about forestry issues across multiple scales and from multiple perspectives.
The Rubenstein School has evolved its Forestry Program to meet the needs of a changing planet, which include managing forests for resilience, adaptation, climate mitigation, and a full range of ecosystem services. The program attracts students who want a career working outdoors, excel at math and science, learn by doing, and can embrace both the fundamentals of traditional forestry and emerging perspectives in the field.
- Natural resource professionals/managers
- Private consulting foresters
- Managers of industrial forestlands
- State agency of natural resources/conservation foresters
- Utilities foresters
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Natural Resource Ecology and Assessment
- Forest Ecosystem Analysis (Forestry Field Camp)
- Multi-Resource Silviculture
- Forest Ecosystem Health
- Sustainable Management of Forest Ecosystems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesForestry View 66 other Masters in Forestry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official secondary school transcript sent directly to Admissions by your high school
- Official translation of transcripts if not already in English
- First quarter grades or mid-year grades if available
- One letter of recommendation is required
- $55 (U.S.) nonrefundable application fee.
International41280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41280 USD per year during 48 months.
National41280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41280 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State16392 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16392 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Burlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.