The hallmark of the Neurobiology program at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) is a year-long, in-depth exploration of the intellectual tools used to create, advance, and disseminate knowledge about the nervous system.
Students completing the Neurobiology major will be well qualified for admission to graduate or professional schools in preparation for careers in biological research, medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, nursing, and other related fields.
Even without additional education, they will be competitive for positions in the pharmaceutical industry, the health care delivery industry, or in medically or biologically related technologies.
The major also provides valuable preparation for students interested in entering other disciplines that increasingly interface with biology and biotechnology, such as law, business administration, and government policy. Additionally, the major provides excellent preparation for students who wish to become high school science teachers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Human Physiology
- Advanced Neurobiology
- Neurobiology Laboratory
- Developmental and Cell Biology Laboratory
- Habitats and Organisms
- Physiology Laboratory
- Evolution Laboratory
- Evolution and the Environment Laboratory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 2522 other Masters in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Two years of history — One year of world or European history, cultures and geography, and one year of U.S. history or one half-year of U.S. history and one half-year of American government or civics
- Four years of English
- Three years of mathematics (four years recommended) — Must include algebra, geometry, and advanced algebra
- Two years of science (three years recommended) — Must include two years of laboratory science, however additional years can include a range of disciplines such as: applied science, engineering, computer science, and other integrated science courses.
- Two years of a language other than English (three years recommended) — The second year or higher of the same language must be completed to fulfill this requirement
- One year of visual and performing arts — A yearlong course chosen from the following disciplines: dance, drama/theater, music, visual art, or interdisciplinary arts
- One year of college-preparatory electives
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41196 USD per year during 48 months.
National41196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41196 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11442 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Irvine
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.