The BS in Biology - Molecular Biology program at Loyola University Chicago is designed for students seeking a rigorous, laboratory-intensive curriculum to prepare them for health-related professions, research jobs or graduate programs in a number of areas related to molecular biology.
This specialized Biology major requires 37 credit hours including 11 required Biology courses (26–29 credit hours) and Biology elective courses (7-11 credit hours) plus cognate courses in Calculus, Chemistry and Physics. This track allows students to receive the strong background in fundamental biology required of all majors, while also specializing in the area of molecular biology.
The Department of Biology has extensive resources to support superior teaching and research in all the major areas of contemporary biological sciences to prepare students for medical school, other graduate or professional studies, teaching, or careers in industry or government
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Biology
- General Biology Lab
- Cell Biology
- Genetics Lab
- Cell Physiology and Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology Lab
- Forensic Molecular Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 901 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application: This is where you can tell us more about your extracurricular activities. Fill out the co-curricular section or upload a resume to your file after you submit the application.
- Official secondary and high school transcripts: Send us the official high school transcript from each school you have attended. If necessary, please provide an English translation.
- Scores for merit scholarship consideration: You can decide to submit more than one set of scores, but for scholarship consideration, SAT or ACT must be submitted.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor: Through our online application, you can e-mail a request for the letter, or you can download a Counselor Recommendation Form.
International45500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22750 USD per semester during 48 months.
National45500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22750 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.