Key learning outcomes:
Through the Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree at Harvard University you gain:
- A well-rounded academic foundation, through a blend of courses in traditional liberal arts fields and focused subject areas, such as business management and administration, computer science, international relations, economics, and psychology.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to convey views and opinions in academic and professional contexts.
- The ability to think critically across a variety of subjects, fostering an informed, independent worldview.
- Membership in a diverse student community of adult learners with years of full-time work experience, providing an enriching learning environment.
- Get started. You begin by completing three stipulated degree courses as outlined on the degree requirements page. This coursework establishes your commitment and ability to perform well as a Harvard student.
- Apply to the program. While completing your third degree course, you submit the admission application. We have application cycles in the fall, spring, and summer.
- Continue your studies, online and on campus. As you progress through the program, you can choose from courses offered online and on campus, year round in the fall, spring, or summer. To fully experience Harvard, you are required to complete at least 16 credits (roughly four courses) on campus. Intensive three-week and weekend options available.
- Graduate with your Harvard degree. You participate in the annual Harvard Commencement, receiving your Harvard University degree: Bachelor of Liberal Arts (ALB) in Extension Studies.
- Humanities (including creative writing, English, philosophy, religion, visual arts)
- Science (including biology, computer science, environmental studies, mathematics)
- Social sciences (including anthropology, business administration, economics, government, history, international relations, psychology).
Fields of Study
- Your second choice is to declare a specific field of study (similar to a major). You complete courses in one subject area. Top fields of study are business administration and management, computer science, economics, government, international relations, and psychology.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Liberal Arts Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 394 other Bachelors in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
All applicants must possess proof of high school graduation, including those who were homeschooled. Acceptable credentials include a high school diploma or a high school diploma equivalent as determined by your home state or by the Center for Educational Documentation, through a general evaluation, if you are an international student.
If you earned credits or degrees outside the United States, you must have transcripts sent directly from these schools to the Center for Educational Documentation (CED) for evaluation. Request a course-by-course evaluation if you wish to receive transfer credit or a general evaluation if you do not. Direct the CED to send a copy of your evaluation directly to the Admissions Office.
English is the language of instruction at Harvard Extension School. If your native language is not English, you must have provided designated proof of English proficiency to register in the courses.
International7920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31680 USD for the full programme during 48 months.
National7920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31680 USD for the full programme during 48 months.
Average Total Cost $31,680–$63,360
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.