The focus of the bachelor program in Computer Engineering is integrated hardware/software system design. Increasingly, diverse systems, products, and processes depend on computers for design, control, data acquisition, and other functions. The computer engineer possesses the range of expertise to have an integrated view of computer-based systems and to make global design decisions.
Computer Engineering is a degree program offered by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Engineering on both the Lincoln City Campus and the Omaha Campus (at The Peter Kiewit Institute). The computer engineering program on the Lincoln Campus (as part of the Computer Science and Engineering Department) is concerned with the development of computer-related technologies.
Companies hiring computer engineering graduates include:
- General Electric
- National Instruments
- Transcrypt International
The BS degree in computer engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Informatics
- Fundamentals of Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Computing Laboratory
- Learning to Code
- Computer Science
- Computer Science I: Systems Engineering Focus
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 1367 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Transcripts: You will self-report your academic record. Use an unofficial transcript to fill in your information
- After you've taken the ACT or SAT, request the testing institution to send us your official scores. Our codes are: ACT: 2482 and SAT: 6877
- Application Fee: There is a $45 application fee payable with a credit card or a check. Make the check out to the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and put the applicant's name on the memo line
- Scholarship Statement: To be considered for leadership and diversity scholarships, you must write a 500-word essay all about you. Focus on leadership, career goals and community service
International1082 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1082 USD per credit during 48 months.
National1082 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1082 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State371 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 371 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.