The Fashion Merchandising program at the University of Georgia emphasizes the skills and competencies needed for careers in fashion promotion, buying, retailing, merchandising, and global supply chain management. Students will also learn that fashion is not simply a business, but a cultural industry. Students choose between two emphases. In the Product Development and Design Emphasis, students learn that inspiration and design concepts drive the creation of garments, along with identifying the target market.
Skills emphasized in the curriculum include creativity, digital presentation and portfolio, patternmaking, draping and sewing, among others. The Fashion Brand Management Emphasis provides expertise in both creative and analytical aspects. The curriculum puts special emphasis on entrepreneurship, fashion promotion and visual merchandising, retail buying and planning, as well as global sourcing and retailing.
Graduating students have exciting employment opportunities as buyers, merchandisers, brand sales representatives, store managers, fashion directors, merchandise managers, product managers, and trend forecasters, as well as opportunities in product development and design, technical design, and sourcing.
- Internships in retailing and manufacturing are an optional part of the Fashion Merchandising curriculum. Students intern with retailers, manufacturers, and showrooms in a variety of positions: management, buying, visual promotions, and product development. Internships are offered during the summer semester.
- The Student Merchandising Association provides networking, leadership, and social opportunities for students interested in the fashion industry.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 176 other Bachelors in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee
- Transcript from your graduating high school
- SAT/ACT scores
- Secondary School Report/Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher/Other Letter of Recommendation
International28830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National28830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14415 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State9790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4895 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.