After earning a B.S.N. and successfully passing the NCLEX-RN licensing exam, Registered Nurses have the opportunity to enter into a stable and growing work force. Additionally, the Penn State B.S.N. degree creates a strong foundation for continuing into advanced nursing roles through a variety of graduate level nursing programs. The versatility of the B.S.N. degree provides graduates with the skills and background to pursue the career path that is right for them. Nurses have countless options to explore different specialties, advance into leadership roles, and continue with lifelong learning while providing high quality nursing care to their clients.Demand for nurses continues to rise. The B.S. degree in Nursing at Pennsylvania State Universityis rapidly becoming the degree of choice for many healthcare facilities, rendering baccalaureate-educated nurses as highly marketable. Graduates of the baccalaureate nursing program have a vast array of rewarding employment opportunities. Employment settings include:
- Trauma centers and community hospitals caring for the critically ill or injured
- Home health agencies providing medical care to homebound clients
- Rehabilitation and long-term care facilities
- Hospice agencies caring for people with terminal illnesses
- Schools or pediatric/neonatal units working with children and newborns
- Military bases
- Insurance agencies evaluating patient claims and teaching classes to insurance agents
- Travel and cruise ship nursing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Fundamentals of Nursing
- Professional Role Dev: Intro to Professional Issues in Nursing Practice and Nursing Informatics
- Health Assessment
- Principles of Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Nursing Care of the Adult Client Requiring Medical-Surgical Intervention
- Introduction to Pharmacological Concepts
- Nursing Care of Children and Adolescents
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNursing View 586 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official secondary school records
- Official test scores: SAT or ACT
- English language proficiency, if your native language is not English
International35984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35984 USD per year during 48 months.
National35984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35984 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State18454 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18454 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.