In addition, it can be used by students to prepare for professional programs in medicine, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, and dentistry, as well as for advanced degrees (Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy) in any of the biological sciences.
At the University of Georgia, graduates with a degree in Biological Sciences are prepared for careers in industry, business, and government dealing with food, fiber, health care, and environmental stewardship.
To prepare for courses to earn a Biological Science degree we recommend you:
- Take available AP and Honors science courses prior to attending UGA
- Participate in any school or community animal and/or biological science clubs or organizations
- Volunteer, work, or shadow in a veterinary or medical practice, pharmacy, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This major provides preparation for graduate or professional study as well as for employment in business, industry, or government positions requiring a broad background in the biological sciences.
- Opportunities for work in biology and agriculture are expected to grow as an increasing human population demands more food, fiber, and wood products, health care, and environmental stewardship.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Environmental Sciences View 1103 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee
- Transcript from your graduating high school
- SAT/ACT scores
- Secondary School Report/Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher/Other Letter of Recommendation
International28830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National28830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14415 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State9790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4895 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.