Students in the Visual Communication Design program at the Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis develop critical thinking skills, refine their intellectual and creative processes, and learn contemporary aspects of design and design thinking.
The program prepares design leaders to proactively manage change and innovate processes toward improving the civic, cultural, and commercial experiences that people encounter in their daily lives.
The program focuses on a collaborative design process for identifying root problems and facilitating meaningful solutions to complex issues. This approach is intended to harness the power of design to clarify, humanize, and energize the issues that are central to life in a pluralistic society.
- In your academic school, you’ll have access to career advisors who specialize in the fields you want to pursue.
- That’s where you’ll also find field-specific internship and networking opportunities.
- Production for Print Design Outcomes
- Production for Digital Design Outcomes
- Design Labs
- Design in Context
- Designing People Centered Experiences
- Advanced Design Labs
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Communication Sciences View 2298 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
- Submit your application and essay
- Pay the application fee or request a fee waiver
- Have your test scores sent to IUPUI
- Have your official high school transcript sent to IUPUI
- Have official transcripts from any dual-credit or college courses sent to IUPUI (if applicable)
- Submit credentials for any education completed outside the U.S. (if applicable)
- Complete the Prior Conduct Information and Release form (if applicable)
International33347 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33347 USD per year during 48 months.
National33347 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33347 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9944 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Indianapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.