We offer a bachelor degree in Medical Humanities and Health Studies at the Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis. Humanities courses raise questions of how human beings deal with health, medical intervention, illness, and death. Social science courses provide insight into the social, economic, and cultural contexts of health, illness, and health care. Students benefit from the wealth of faculty across campus who have strong teaching and research interests in health care.
Sample topics addressed in the course of study include: human values and ethics in medical decision making; patient care as an art form and scientific endeavor; the impact of geography, history and economics on the nature of and access to health care and medicine; cultural/social definitions of health and provision of health care; global health and humanitarian intervention; technology as an improvement to humanistic health care.
- In your academic school, you’ll have access to career advisors who specialize in the fields you want to pursue.
- That’s where you’ll also find field-specific internship and networking opportunities.
The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools has reaffirmed accreditation for Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, including our regional education center, Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus, through 2022-2023.
- As a student at IUPUI, you always have the option to take classes online. Hundreds of classes in disciplines ranging from business and computer science to film studies are offered online every semester.
- You can also choose hybrid classes—classes that have both an online and campus-based component.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences General Studies & Classics View 2034 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
- Submit your application and essay
- Pay the application fee or request a fee waiver
- Have your test scores sent to IUPUI
- Have your official high school transcript sent to IUPUI
- Have official transcripts from any dual-credit or college courses sent to IUPUI (if applicable)
- Submit credentials for any education completed outside the U.S. (if applicable)
- Complete the Prior Conduct Information and Release form (if applicable)
International33347 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33347 USD per year during 48 months.
National33347 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33347 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9944 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Indianapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.