Our department boasts alumni distinguished by the diversity of their contributions to the choral art, including music directors of renowned professional ensembles such as the Los Angeles Master Chorale, directors of choral activities at leading university schools of music, such as the University of Michigan, and composers of choral music published by Oxford University Press, ECS Publishing, Peer International, Faber & Faber, and Walton. The Choral Music program is offered at University of Southern California.
Our faculty sets the international standard for choral conducting, literature, and composition. Jo-Michael Scheibe is National Vice President of ACDA, and is in constant demand as a choral clinician internationally. Nick Strimple authored the leading books on nineteenth- and twentieth-century choral literature, and regularly appears internationally as a lecturer, composer, and conductor. Cristian Grases is on the Board of Directors of the International Choral Federation and is a frequent clinician at all-state festivals. Morten Lauridsen is the country’s most distinguished composer of choral music and recipient of the National Medal of Arts.
Auditions for the graduate program in conducting take place by invitation during the spring prior to the first academic year of study. Teaching assistantships and scholarships are available to the most qualified of applicants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Individual Instruction in choral voice
- Introduction to the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Choral Arranging
- Choral Conducting
- Introduction to Choral Music
- Choral Development
- Music History and Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2096 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.