The Bachelor of Arts in Cinematic Arts, Film and Television Production offered at University of Southern California is granted through the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences in conjunction with the School of Cinematic Arts. Students study within a framework which combines a broad liberal arts background with specialization in a profession.
Bachelor of Arts students are enrolled in the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, where they take their preprofessional courses, including the general education requirements. Major courses are selected from the curriculum of the School of Cinematic Arts. The degree requires 128 units, including 16 lower-division units and 26 upper-division units in Cinematic Arts. A maximum of 40 School of Cinematic Arts upper-division units will apply to the BA degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Cinema
- History of the International Cinema
- Directing in Television, Fiction, and Documentary
- Cinematic Arts Laboratory
- Intermediate Production
- The Production and Post-Production Assistant
- Writing the Short Script
- Television Script Analysis
- The Screenplay
- Motion Picture Script Analysis
- Global Media
- History of the American Film, 1925–1950
- History of the American Film, 1946–1975
- History of the American Film, 1977–present
- Non-Fiction Film and Television
- Practicum in Film/Television Criticism
- Latina/o Screen Cultures
- Film and/or Television Genres
- Film and/or Television Style Analysis
- Culture, Technology and Communications
- Transmedia Entertainment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 681 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.