Offered in cooperation with the Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and tailored to each student’s needs, this program offers a firm grounding in all aspects of the dramatic arts, while allowing students the freedom to select courses they feel will benefit their own interests and career goals. From classical theatre to Stand Up Comedy, from playwrighting to Medical Clowning, from critical studies to entrepreneurialism in the dramatic arts, the range of course offerings in this degree program is as wide as it is deep.The Dramatic Arts program is offered at University of Southern California.
The number of required general education courses allows students to participate in a minor program and still graduate within a four-year period. Performance and production are major parts of the BA curriculum for interested students. Participation in performance is by audition selection only.
Acting and Design Emphases
Beginning the second semester of freshman year, students may elect to choose an emphasis in either acting or design to further focus their studies. Performance, production and professional opportunities remain key aspects of this program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Acting
- Text Studies for Production
- Introduction to Theatrical Production
- Theory & Practice of World Theatre
- Communicating Theatrical Design Concepts
- Costume Construction
- Scenic Construction
- Acting Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1234 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.