The Sustainable Parks, Recreation and Tourism major from Michigan State University prepares students for professional positions related to the management and enjoyment of the outdoors, including management of public parks, forests and protected areas, nonprofit lands and facilities such as camps and commercial enterprises that provide goods and services to outdoor enthusiasts.
All senior-level courses have a hands-on project component, in which students work with professionals in the field, applying classroom knowledge, critical thinking and effort to provide a lasting benefit to professional partners and society.
- Activities directors
- Front desk agents
- Kayak guides
- Mountain operations assistants
- Park rangers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Foundations of Sustainability
- Citizen Engagement for Sustainability
- Professional Internship
- Sustaining Our National Parks and Recreation Lands
- Organizational Management for Community Sustainability
- Social Entrepreneurship for Community Sustainability
- Advanced Topics in Tourism Management
- Natural Resource Recreation Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTourism & Leisure View 167 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.