It aims at a broad understanding of the goals and problems of public policy, the political process that leads to policy development, and the implementation and evaluation of public policy.
This Public Policy major Michigan State University is valuable preparation for those who intend to engage in research for public agencies, nonprofits or voluntary associations interested in the problems of government. A master’s degree program concentrating in public policy is also available for advanced work in preparation for an executive career in these fields.
- Business managers
- Constituent relations representatives
- Field campaign organizers
- Legal assistants
- Process analysts
- Regional field directors
- Youth advocates
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Political Science
- Introduction to Methods of Political Analysis
- Special Topics in Political Science
- Field Experience in Political Science
- Introduction to American Politics
- Urban Politics
- Public Administration and Policy Making
- American Public Policy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Policy View 313 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete MSU’s application for admission online, including the required personal statement.
- Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and certificates directly to Michigan State University in an official, sealed envelope.
- Have the testing agency (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, MSUELT or MELAB accepted).
- International students are encouraged, though not required, to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Do not send letters of recommendation, photographs, portfolios or additional personal essays.
International41330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41330 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39830 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State14524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14524 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.